七月初一 ~ 七月三十日
4th Aug 2024
18th Aug 2024
Every year during the lunar seventh month, Chinese folk culture and Taoism believers will make offering for the wandering souls whom don’t have any descendants. During this month, simple prayer with food and paper money known as kimzua will be used when doing offering.
For Cultural Educational Purposes
Majority of the believers do behave properly and do clean up the prayer area. As believers, we should inform and education those who may not have the proper knowledge or follows practices that are incorrectly passed down through generations. Some practices are a copycat of some television shows, which are used to create certain cinematic effect.
Before ending the prayer, inform the wondering sprits that the prayer is coming to an end.
- Remove all food items (Including the HuatKueh used as incense holder) from the prayer area.
- You can remove them because you already inform them that the prayer is coming to an end and items will be removed.
- Do not leave the prayer food around (See Above)
- Do not need to throw them into the air/waterway/on land.
- By doing so, the wondering sprits will not receive them. They will only received those joss papers that are burnt.
- Do not throw rubbish into the burner bins ( Having plastic bottle and rubbish will generate more smoke)
- Do not need to burn on the ground / drain